DIY simple wall art with fabric scraps.
It has been a long time since I have done any crafts other than jewelry! This upcycled fabric wall art is quick and easy to do. You can do so many variations adding ribbons, lace, fringe, yarn, beads or anything else you may have on hand! You could even do a landscape scene, the options are limitless! Great art project for kids too!
Materials: canvas, fabric scraps, decoupage glue, tacky glue
Tools: scissors, paint brush
- Tear strips of fabric (snipping the fabric end first makes it easy to tear) making sure they are long enough to wrap around your canvas or long enough to leave as a fringe:
2. Lay out a few strips of fabric to get an idea of the design and how much fabric you need:
3. Start gluing down the strips with the decoupage glue; paint some glue onto the canvas than add the fabric, painting over the fabric (you can take another strip of fabric to the bottom and top edges or use a colored sharpie so the top and bottom edges look finished) :
4. Keep adding fabric strips overlapping slightly:
5. I kind of like the “fringe” but I will tuck the ends under this one using tacky glue.
6. You can leave it as it or I painted another heavy coat of decoupage on mine, then you are finished! For more dimension, you can also embellish with cord, tassels or buttons using a hot glue gun when dry but I wanted this one simple and flat.
Want to see more quick and easy wall art idea? Check out my post: 5 Easy Wall Art Projects
For more home decor craft ideas follow my Pinterest board: DIY Craft Ideas