Baking: Cranberry Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Next to my Snickerdoodles, I think these are my new favorite! This is my basic cookie recipe with the orange twist for a small batch. See my post for more details and 3 secrets to great cookies: Best Snickerdoodles and Chocolate Chip Monster Cookies
Cranberry Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe:
1 1/4 + 1/8 c cups bread flour
1/2 cup cold butter cut into large chunks
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1T orange zest
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp orange extract
1c white or dark chocolate chips
1c dried cranberries (soaked in 2 T orange juice a few hours to plump up!)
1. blend egg, vanilla, orange zest, extract and lemon juice in a bowl and set aside
2. Add flour, sugars, cornstarch, salt and baking soda to food processor and pulse until combined.
3. Add butter chunks and process until fine crumbs.
4. Add egg mixture gradually, pulsing just until dough comes together, do not over process.
5. Dump out into large bowl, add cranberries, chocolate chips, nuts.
6. Form handful size balls, should be about 8-10 very large cookies
Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
7. Place cookie balls in freezer while you preheat the oven about 15 minutes. (or just chill the dough before you form the balls!
8. Bake cookies on parchment paper in a cookie sheet for 17-20 minutes… or until tops brown slightly.
Bake on parchment paper to keep the dough from spreading, keeping them nice and fat!
Crispy on the outside moist and chewy on the inside
Let me know if you try out this cookie recipe and if you like it! Comments welcomed!